Thursday, May 13, 2010

venice garden tour






Our garden (well the front part) was featured on the Venice garden tour. I was so amazed, humbled, honored by this. I weeded, planted, weeded some more, tweaked my back at least 2 or 3 times.

Finally, I had to finish and be done. There's only so much you can do. I was a bit of a nervous wreck that our garden wouldn't be up to snuff.

Well, our garden looked great! It was one of a handful of gardens that had been designed by the owners. All the visitors to our garden were so friendly and gave us such positive feedback. Our daughter loved having everyone visit her garden and when it was over said "I want more people to come to our garden!" Me too, Sophie!

Most importantly, the garden tour raised nearly $250,000 for Las Doradas Children's Center, which provides preschool for low-income Venice families!

No comments:

Post a Comment