Thursday, June 3, 2010

the wall becomes a canvas

Mark mentioned that he thought I should do some sort of mural on the wall. I felt this might be a bit of overkill, as Sophie's playhouse floor already has a mural of sorts on it.


Anthropology had a beautiful painted split leaf philodendren on their window but before I could snap a pic they put up something else. I googled philodendren and found a picture to work from and painted a big one, plus a palm tree both in a lighter green. I'm really happy with it, it looks very simple and graphic and looks great peaking through the Buddha's belly bamboo I bought at home depot today.



Now I just need to get Mark to sledge hammer some holes in the cement patio. (He made the mistake of telling me the sledge hammering was easy!) The bamboo will be all around the perimeter of the back yard and will totally transform it into a tropical garden in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment